This Blog is a place to post pictures, videos and stories of the kids.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Pre-Thanksgiving Stuff

Ezra and Kaylen are out of school all next week. When I was little I only remember getting off on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of Thanksgiving week, but for some reason we get the whole week! So, this week was full of Thanksgiving stuff at school.


Tuesday night was the kindergarten Thanksgiving program. It was pretty cute. All of the kindergartners at Ezra's school - that's 10 classes! - sang a bunch of Thanksgiving songs. It was a little crazy. That's a lot of kindergartners on one stage. They're all wearing yellow kitchen gloves on their feet to make them look like turkey feet. It was pretty cute.


Today was the kindergarten Thanksgiving Feast. I was in charge of the turkey. It was my first turkey. (So you can understand how I forgot my camera and don't have any pictures.) It turned out pretty well. I only had to call my mom once! I didn't think the kindergartners would eat much turkey, so I bought the smallest one I could find, but they all came back for seconds so we ran out!! Some of that might have been that I'm terrible at carving, so I'm sure there was quite a bit more turkey that could have been eaten. I really needed my Aunt Patsy!

If you see Ezra in the near future, you'll have to get him to tell you the story of the first Thanksgiving. He's pretty good at it. There were parts of it that I thought he was making up, so it has been a good refresher for me! I didn't think he'd start knowing more about stuff than I did until way after kindergarten. I'm in big trouble.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Lj's said...

how in the world did you escape cooking a turkey in Japan?

9:13 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to find ya'lls blog. I'll check in for more updates on Ezra and Kaylen.

Thanks for your sweet notes of encouragement about our new little one.

4:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home