This Blog is a place to post pictures, videos and stories of the kids.

Monday, August 27, 2007

First Day of School! First Day of School!

Ezra rode his bike to school today!
This is Ezra in front of his classroom.
This is Ezra at North Riverside Elementary - Home of the Rockets!
I can really only handle one at a time!
We woke up on time this morning and I really thought I had this all under control. We had layed Ezra's clothes out the night before and talked about our routine. Ezra was really nervous when he woke up and didn't feel like eating, so the waffles (frozen, by the way - I'm not SuperMom) stayed on their plate this morning. We opted for some snuggle time instead. We got both the kids dressed and teeth brushed and we were ready to go.

Our family loaded up on our bikes for the short ride to school. I was really glad that we were riding bikes as the line of cars to get to school was backed up past our street! We got there much faster than if we had been in the car. I didn't think I was stressed out, but when we got to the school I was really feeling the need to be close to Ezra and just make sure everything was OK. I parked my bike in the bike rack and went to help Ezra get his bike locked, when suddenly behind me I hear a screaming child. After a few seconds, I realize - Hey that's my child! That's right, I have 2 children! Kaylen was on the back of my bike and I had completely forgotten about her and walked away. The bike can't stand up with the extra weight in the back, so of course it had fallen over on the concrete and scraped her arm and bonked her head. I'm really not exaggerating when I say that all of the other parents were looking at us with that look -- you know the one.

We dropped Ezra off at his room (with Kaylen still crying) and I was really impressed. I think his teacher has it together. The kids who were already there were seated, happy, and busy. She was able to give individual attention to every student who walked in. I felt really good about leaving him, but I still came home and cried. I comforted myself with the fact that I still have one more year where I spend more time with him than any other adult.

I picked him up at 11:00 today and he said he had a great time! He's ready to go back tomorrow. Luckily I have 2 more weeks before kaylen starts school and I have to really take care of both of them at the same time!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Lisa Lou. I was laughing, then I was crying...I don't even have kids! It made me miss you and your family more than ever! Ezra is such a handsome boy..and Kaylen...those lashes! Look Out! Miss you lots! love, Jill

5:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Jill. I laughed and cried. Next week Syd starts grade 2 and I just keep feeling her slip sliding away!!! O man. I'd better get it together! Tell Ezra that Aunt Celeste is so proud of him. He looks like such a big school boy! Love you guys.

4:29 PM

 
Blogger emily anna said...

Yea! I am so glad you went me your link! Your kids are so fun... we had a great time tonight!
E

8:33 PM

 
Blogger Beth said...

Hi! I just found your blog this evening and it's great to see a little of what's going on in your life.

Grahame

8:25 PM

 
Blogger Campbell Family said...

I cannot believe that Ezra is old enough to start school! He looks so grown up. I hope he is enjoying himself. Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog the other day! Will you guys be at the WMW this year? If so, we will see you there! -- Laura

2:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home